Not impacted by the shutdown
- Veteran health care is not impacted. VA Medical Centers, Outpatient Clinics, and Vet Centers will be open.
- VA benefits will continue to be processed and delivered, including compensation, pension, education, and housing benefits.
- Burials will continue at VA national cemeteries. Applications for headstones, markers, and burial benefits processing will continue.
- The Board of Veterans’ Appeals will continue decisions on Veterans’ cases.
- VA Contact Centers (1-800-MyVA411) and the Veterans Crisis Line (Dial 988, Press 1) are open 24/7.
Impacted during the shutdown
- VA will not provide Veteran career counseling or transition assistance program activities.
- The GI Bill Hotline will be closed.
- VA benefits regional offices will be closed.
- VA will cease public affairs and outreach to Veterans.
- VA will not permanently place headstones or maintain the grounds at VA national cemeteries.
- VA will not process applications for pre-need burials.
- VA will not print new presidential memorial certificates.
Please continue to visit this site for updates on this situation.